Award: Heriot-Watt University, UK
Duration: 3 Years
fees: RM 112,500
intake: September & January
Why Heriot-Watt University?
- Heriot-Watt University is a public university based in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was established in 1821 as the world’s first mechanics’ institute (Royal Charter granted in 1966). It has campuses in the Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai, and Putrajaya in Malaysia.
- The university is ranked among the World’s Top 500 by both Times Higher Education World University Rankings (401-500) and QS World University Rankings (327)
Why Studying Quantity Surveying In Heriot-Watt?
- This degree programmes equip graduates with the knowledge and experience necessary to ensure that built environment projects are sustainable, cost efficient and constructed to the highest standards.
- Maximizing value for money in construction projects is crucial when dealing with tight budgets and strict contractual agreements. A quantity surveyor advises on these issues at all stages of a project and must therefore understand construction technology, legal issues and how to plan and monitor costs.
- Quantity Surveying is about providing clients of the construction industry with financial, contractual and technical advice ensuring they get value for money from the buildings they construct
- The modern quantity surveyor is a construction professional who may be involved at all stages of the design and construction process, from providing business strategy advice, working with architects and design team consultants, through to overseeing the onsite construction phase. The quantity surveyor has a sound understanding of construction technology, project cost planning and control and contractual issues.
- This Bachelor’s degree provides you with all of the skills and knowledge necessary to become a successful quantity surveyor.
- Our Quantity Surveying graduates go on to careers both in the public sector and international consulting and contracting organisations including Skanska, BAM, Aecom and Turner and Townsend. Roles in which graduates are employed vary widely and include quantity surveyor, graduate engineer and site manager.
Click to register for this program now!