Duration: 4 Years
fees: RM 100,200
intake: January, April, July and October
WHY MAHSA University?
MAHSA was established in earnest in the year 2005 in Pusat Bandar Damansara, Damansara Heights, Kuala Lumpur with the belief that higher education in the field of healthcare is a vital cog in the development of the nation. MAHSA is the brainchild of Professor Datuk Dr. Hj. Mohamed Haniffa who is Pro-Chancellor and Executive Chairman.
Professor Datuk Dr. Hj. Mohamed Haniffa is a clinical practitioner of Medicine whose vision involved creating a centre of excellence in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences education in this region thereby developing qualified and compassionate healthcare professionals to serve the needs of our great nation. This is in line with the Prime Minister’s vision that Malaysia should become a centre for academic excellence.
In order to generate a pool of skilled healthcare professionals, it was agreed upon form the start that MAHSA would gather the brightest minds in the country and abroad to help nurture the minds of our students and hone their skills. Furthermore, in the field of healthcare, theoretical knowledge though important is nonetheless secondary to clinical exposure and thus it was decided that students of MAHSA must gain practical experience at the earliest stage during their tenure. Finally, state of the art facilities were created to complement the innovative teaching curriculum and a highly qualified and motivated teaching staff.
Within a short span of time, our students outgrew their original premises and thereby a second campus was set up in Jalan University, Kuala Lumpur. The Jalan University Campus or JUC is now designated as the main campus. From a modest start with the Pre – University Cambridge GCE A’ Levels and the three year Diploma in Nursing program in 2005, now MAHSA is proudly recognized as one of the premier institution that focuses in the delivery of education in the field of healthcare offering programmes ranging from Certificate programmes to Diploma, Degree, Masters and Doctorate programmes.
In 2009, MAHSA was upgraded from College to University College status. This upgrade in class in a mere four years is a testament to the exemplary dedication of the academic and administrative staff coupled by the delivery superior programmes.
With due diligence and ample support from students, staff and the public, MAHSA is proud to announce its latest achievement of receiving University status.
MAHSA University is an entity that is continually evolving; developing new programmes, creating pathways of further education and delving into research activities so as to offer prospective and current students a rich learning experience and a comprehensive education which will be valuable and rewarding.
MAHSA University has recently expanded their choice of programmes offered and now offers Business, Accounting, as well as Engineering courses.
Why Studying Bachelor of Science (Hons) Nursing at MAHSA
- The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Nursing is designed in consultation with Nursing Board Malaysia and a panel of local and international experts, resulting in a highly sought after curriculum that combines theoretical learning and practical sessions in simulation wards and hospitals.
- MAHSA University’s Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Nursing is a practical degree programme designed for individuals who are committed to the advancement of the health of individuals, families, communities, and society as a whole.
- Students will study a range of subjects from sciences to humanities, including anatomy, biology, chemistry, microbiology, nutrition, pathology, immunology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, paediatric nursing, maternity nursing, mental health nursing, healthy aging, and psychology. They will also be given practical lessons ranging from simulation exercises to the use of clinical and medical equipment.
- At the end of the programme, graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to deliver expert health care to individuals of all ages in a variety of settings and scenarios, and thus be invaluable assets to the medical industry both nationally and abroad.
- The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Nursing is approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia and recognized by the Nursing Board Malaysia and Ministry of Health, Malaysia. And is awarded by MAHSA University, a leader in Medical and Health Science Education in Malaysia
Click to register for this program now!