Why Taylor’s University?
- Taylor’s University is a premier private university in Malaysia. Founded in 1969, it started out as a private college before being awarded to its university status in 2010.
- Taylor’s University offers a wide variety of Foundation, Diploma and Degree courses, covering various fields including Architecture, Engineering, Pharmacy and Business.
- Pre-University programmes, such as A-Level, Australian Matriculation and Canadian Pre-University, are offered at Taylor’s College instead, which is located at SS15 Subang Jaya.
- Both Taylor’s College and Taylor’s University are part of the Taylor’s Education Group.
- Taylor’s University is located in the heart of Subang Jaya in Selangor, boasting a beautiful lakeside campus — 27 acres of tropical greenery, integrated with shops and recreational venues surrounded by a 5.5 acre man-made lake — making it one of the most desired environments for students seeking a tertiary education.
- Taylor’s University was voted the Most Popular Private College and / or University in Malaysia for two consecutive years (2008 and 2009), and is rated ‘Tier 5: Excellent‘ by the Ministry of Higher Education (MQA SETARA 2013). Taylor’s University is also ranked as one of the Top 250 universities in Asia by QS University Rankings: Asia 2015.
Why Studying Bachelor of Quantity Surveying at Taylor’s?
- This programme is a professional course that provides a recognised qualification in Quantity Surveying, and offers a pathway towards becoming a registered Quantity Surveyor
- Graduates gain automatic membership to the Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia (BQSM), recognition from a network of over 140 countries through the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and accreditation from the Pacific Association of Quantity Surveyors (PAQS).
- Graduates will develop a strong foundation in cost management and measurement of building elements through modules such as Measurement and Estimating. Students will work on Elemental Cost Analysis (ECA) for projects from consultants (every semester), producing data that will be used by designers and clients to control project cost.
- Students will also gain exposure to latest industry software such as Cost X Estimating (project costing tool) and BuildSoft & Master Build (construction software solution for estimation and job costing).
- Students will gain valuable industry exposure with industry practices via lecture series, conferences, workshops, site visits, and an opportunity to participate in Activity Week, an international study trip and a 6-month industrial training / dynamic internship programme.
Click to register for this program now!