Award: Monash University, Malaysia
Duration: 5 Years
fees: RM 106,000
intake: March and September
Why MONASH UNIVERSITY?
The Malaysia campus of Monash University is an exemplar of transnational education. Because campus of Monash University, all staff and students are part of a global academy with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research.
Studying or working at Monash University Malaysia is a dynamic, international experience. Monash community of scholars is supported by collegial processes and comprehensive first-class infrastructure. While Monash are firmly engaged in Malaysia and the region, Monash focus is also relentlessly global, so our graduates emerge ready to transform the world around them.
Why Studying Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery at Monash?
- This truly international degree gives you the chance to study at one of the world’s top medical schools and graduate with a qualification to practice medicine in Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand. Offered over five years at Monash University Malaysia, this interdisciplinary course provides world-class training in biomedical sciences, social sciences and clinical skills.
- The course draws on Monash’s world-leading expertise in medical practice and research, which includes treating premature babies at risk of brain disease, replacing heart valves without open-heart surgery and developing new cancer drugs. It also draws on the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences’ particular strengths in the cardio-metabolic field, infection and immunity, global public health and neuroscience.
- Monash University researchers have discovered new genes and hormones that show promise as targeting proteins for cancer research. They have also patented discoveries likely to lead to new products for treating infectious and cardiovascular diseases.
- The is also home to the renowned Brain Research Institute at Monash Sunway, now collaborating with the International Brain Research Organization (IBRO) to provide a platform for neuroscientists in the region through seminars and training programs.
- The career of a doctor involves further training beyond the medical degree. In Malaysia, on completion of the medical course, students need to apply to the Ministry of Health Malaysia to undertake their houseman ship in a public hospital. After completing their houseman ship, they must complete three years of compulsory service in hospitals and clinics under the Ministry of Health Malaysia.
Click to register for this program now!