Award: Staffordshire University, UK
Duration: 3 Years
fees: RM 73,000
intake: February and November
WHY ASIA PACIFIC University?
Rated the Number 1 in Asian and Malaysia for multi-cultural experience, Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is a new Ultra-Modern University Campus in Technology Park Malaysia (TPM) and is designed to be the state-of-art teaching, learning and research facility proving a conductive environment for staff and students. TPM is the ideal location for this new and contemporary campus due to its strong positioning as Malaysia’s primary hub for leading-edge and high-tech developments in a wide variety of areas. It is also located in one of the most rapidly developing areas in Kuala Lumpur, and is well served and accessible through major highways, LRT and other forms of public transportation.
APU’s new campus being developed in phases will certainly set a new design excellence among Malaysian Universities, combining an eco-friendly campus with a dynamic blend of technology and innovation to enable professional learning. It will be a magnificent teaching and learning space for our students & staff designed by award winning architects and consultants.
Why Study BA (Hons) VISUAL EFFECTS AND CONCEPT DESIGN at APU?
- With a high degree of very transferable skills, VFX graduates are equipped to look beyond immediate employment within film or games industries
- APU research and consultancy staff have good (and expanding) industrial links. Where possible they call on their research or commercial work to inform and shape the curriculum, resulting in more industry-savvy graduates.
- Students are encouraged to attend a number of industry conferences in Year 2, a crucial recruitment event for the major film, postproduction and games houses.
- Students develop ideas sometimes as 2D artwork concepts, complemented by accurate 3D digital modelling, coupled with green screen/compositing techniques, Design methodology, concept origination, speculative design, visualization skills, life drawing, physical sketch and facsimile modelling provide traditional design skills.
- Students also enjoy input from a number of practicing industry professionals who are currently working on feature films and from UK companies such as Aardman Animation.
Click to register for this program now!