Award: Asia Pacific University, Malaysia
Duration: 4 Years
fees: RM 92,800
intake: May, September and November
WHY ASIA PACIFIC University?
Rated the Number 1 in Asian and Malaysia for multi-cultural experience, Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is a new Ultra-Modern University Campus in Technology Park Malaysia (TPM) and is designed to be the state-of-art teaching, learning and research facility proving a conductive environment for staff and students. TPM is the ideal location for this new and contemporary campus due to its strong positioning as Malaysia’s primary hub for leading-edge and high-tech developments in a wide variety of areas. It is also located in one of the most rapidly developing areas in Kuala Lumpur, and is well served and accessible through major highways, LRT and other forms of public transportation.
APU’s new campus being developed in phases will certainly set a new design excellence among Malaysian Universities, combining an eco-friendly campus with a dynamic blend of technology and innovation to enable professional learning. It will be a magnificent teaching and learning space for our students & staff designed by award winning architects and consultants.
Why studying B. Eng. (Hons) In Petroleum Engineering at APU?
- Petroleum Engineering is a unique programme that combines petroleum, gas and exploration engineering to cater for the ever-demanding oil and gas industry. Our programme prepares individuals to apply engineering principles to the design, development and operation of systems for locating, extracting, processing and refining crude petroleum and natural gas, including mining and drilling systems, processing and refining systems and facilities, storage facilities, transportation systems, and related environmental and safety system
- Careers span the range of fields which are normally covered by mechanical and industrial engineering. Roles of a Petroleum Engineer includes developing skills in examining geologic and engineering data to determine sources of crude oil and gas, examining the quality and quantity of the product, separation of crude oil into different elements, etc.
- Be a practicing engineer contributing to the development of Petroleum Engineering while demonstrating professionalism and Pursue engineering innovation via career advancement opportunities and/or advanced studies in Petroleum Engineering.
- Petroleum Engineering is the bridge connecting to the Oil & Gas Industry where engineers have a high level of technical expertise and skill, which they use to plan, design, set up, modify, optimize and monitor the processes in the Oil and Gas industry. Petroleum Engineers are analytical engineers and creative thinkers in solving complex problems. They can practice on their own initiative but also contribute as a team member working with engineers from various disciplines.
- Typical occupations include working as a drilling engineer, reservoir engineer, production engineer, process engineers or equipment engineer to optimize oil and gas production, Potential employers are oil companies like Petronas, Exxon Mobil, Shell, Murphy Oil, Talisman, Petrofac, Newfield, Hess, Nippon Oil, and oil service companies like Schlumberger, Halliburton, Baker Hughes, M-I Swaco, UMW Drilling, ScomiOiltools, Dimension Bid, Geowell and Eastern Energy.
Industry placement with a suitable organization for a minimum period of 12 weeks, after completing Year 3 and before the commencement of Year 4.
Click to register for this program now!